Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Help or A Hassle?

"The guilt of being useless slowly devours my soul and harshly inflicting guilt into my heart."

I find myself useless of not being able to help despite the fact that I did everything that I could do, exerting all the effort that I have left.

I was his only refuge, as he would say.  I am the only person he can turn to right now.   I did tried to help out but did not contribute much solution to what he's going through.  And with that, I can consider myself as a failure.  A useless friend.  Hearing the words from him that he's desperate, hopeless and is losing it, drives me to ask myself, "Was that really all that I can do?  Was that my best effort?"

People who heard my story would say that I already did everything to help him out and there's no reason for me to be so obnoxious about it or murder myself with guilt.  But if I were to speak for myself, I would say I was a bit of a slacker back there.  I did not give much effort.

And now, I'm so damn worried of what's gonna happen to him next.  Will things get worst that would make me more guilty of and have myself to blame and carry this conscience with me forever?  Or would all of these come to a perfectly good end?

For now, all I can say is that I'm totally furious at myself and so worried sick for him.  And the last thing we need is a miracle.

No comments: